All-on-4 Implant Technique
Dental implants are the most effective solution for patients suffering from missing teeth. Dental implants give an image like your own natural teeth and performs the function that way. The All-on-4 Technique is a technique that allows dental prosthesis to be fixed on four dental implants that are placed at certain angles in full toothless (total edentulism) patients. Clinical and radiological examination should be performed primarily in patients who are scheduled to receive All-on-4 treatment. Appropriate planning is made for the patient by making measurements on computerized tomography (CT), appropriate planning is done for the patient. This treatment consists of two steps, as surgery and dental prosthesis. The removable dental prosthesis is fixed on the dental implants within 36 hours after placing 4 dental implants in the patient as planned on the treatment day. After 3 months, fixed permanently dental prosthesis are made to the patient.
Applicable to whom?
This treatment can be applied to all full toothless (total edentulism) patients with adequate bone density and without any systemic disease that would interfere with dental implant surgery. The removable temporary dental prosthesis fixed on the dental implants can be used immediately after the procedure. However, patients should be fed on a recommended diet during the 3-month period of bone fusion dental implant. With the fixed permanently prosthesis after this process is completed, can be returned to the normal diet .
What are the advantages?
• Offers the possibility of making a fixed permanently prosthesis with a single surgical procedure on the same day to full toothless patients.
• Operation is easier because no advanced surgical procedure such as Sinus lift (Maxillary sinus floor augmentation surgery) , bone grafting is applied
• The duration of dental implant surgery is rather short.
• The cost is even lower because the number of dental implants used is reduced and no extra surgery is required.
• Personalized planning, aesthetic appearance and smile aesthetic is provided
• Cleaning and care is easy.
• Suitable for patients who cannot use a denture prosthesis.
- The design is different according to the conventional full denture (immediate full denture)
- It is easier to use as does not cover the palate of patient.
• Because the number of treatment sessions is low, it is suitable for patients who live outside the city or country.
Is it a reliable technique?
All-on-4 Technique (4 Implant Technique) 1is a technique that has been applied successfully for more than 10 years in dentistry.
This technique offers a reliable, fast and cost-effective alternative treatment option in dentistry.
Although requires extra cost, technology and ability, it is often used by physicians dealing in this field and seems to have achieved a very high success rate.
What is the difference between the classic implant and bridge?
In a standard implant technique, the implants are placed at an average of 90 degrees to the jawbone. A minimum of 6 implants are needed to support the bridge prosthesis. It is also necessary to wait 3-6 months of healing time before teeth can be built on it. In addition, sometimes bone grafting may be necessary if the patient does not have enough bone tissue.
The difference between the traditional method
All-on-4 Technique :
• Requires only 4 implants for a fixed bridge.
• It is usually cheaper and more effective solution.
• Treatment is usually done without bone grafting.
• Implants and teeth can be fitted at the same time (within a single appointment).
• 6-8 implants are needed for a fixed treatment.
• It is even more costly as more implants, surgery and appointments are required
• Generally, bone grafting is needed and treatment duration is longer.
• Requires more than one appointment, a temporary prosthesis should not be inserted until the permanent prosthesis.
• Requires a 6-8-month recovery phase.